Departments and Subjects
Early Years Foundation Years (EYFS)
The focus of our Early Years is on
- Welcoming the child into the schooling environment, making the journey exciting and fun, opening new vistas of knowledge and making him/her want more.
- Giving the child confidence to try out new things, initiate ideas and put them into practice.
- Special emphasis on reading with phonics to help the children understand, comprehend and speak the language with ease and fluency.
- Practical hands-on activities help the child practically cope with the daily activities.
- Subjects taught include the Quran, English, Maths, General Knowledge/Science, Rhymes, Reading, Practical work (KG1, KG2, KG3), Art, ICT, Islamic Studies, Arabic, Physical Education and Second Language French.
- Children are assessed on a daily, ongoing basis and informal assessments are held twice a year at the end of each term.
- +Key Stage 1 – Grade 1 and 2
The curriculum follows the key principles of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
The programme for children aged 3 to 5 is called the Foundation Stage. It is designed to prepare children to begin the National Curriculum for England, which begins around the age of five in Key Stage 1 and continues through to Key Stage 3. A child’s progress is closely monitored and assessed against appropriate age performance standards. Every encouragement and help is provided for children to attain their full potential.
- +Key Stage 2 – Classes 3, 4 and 5
Ongoing assessments, formal and informal and examinations at the end of each term ensure that each child’s progress and development is continuous and the predetermined standards are met.
At this stage students are encouraged to think independently and be able to speak confidently
We motivate our students to put on their thinking caps and be able to express their ideas and views in a clear concise manner with proper sentence structure.
Subjects taught at this stage include Quran, English, Math, Science, Geography, Islamic studies, Saudi Studies (as prescribed by the MoE), Second Language French/ Arabic, ICT, Arabic Physical Education and Art.
Extracurricular activities like mental maths, spelling bee, essay writing, elocutions and debates help in the overall development of the child and promote healthy competition.
- +Key Stage 3 - Classes 6, 7 and 8
Subjects taught include Quran, English, Maths, Science, Geography, History, Islamic studies, Saudi Studies (as prescribed by the MoE), Second Language French/ Arabic, ICT, Easy Arabic (compulsory for all non- Arab students) Physical Education and Art.
- +Key Stage 4 – Classes 9, 10 and 11
The IGCSE curriculum is introduced at this stage.
We offer compulsory subjects English, Maths, Science, Islamic Studies, Arabic, ICT and Science subjects: Physics, Chemistry and Biology.